Monday, August 29, 2011

Quality Time with my Baby!

Anyone that knows my husband knows that he loves to cook.  Anyone that knows me knows that I eat like a college kid.  I love to eat (hence my battle with weight all these years) but I do not find cooking as therapeutic.  Lately, Dave has been coming home 8pm and later so I have been flying solo in the kitchen.  Needless to say there have been many chicken and broccoli dinner nights.  I was lucky enough to have Dave all to myself for the weekend! We were able to watch a roller derby bout on Saturday and get to hang out with my derby ladies whom I have not seen in ages.  On Sunday I supervised (wrote my blog entry) as Dave worked on some Chief select stuff in the garage.  After a much needed shower, he joined me on a walk to the grocery store.  We are very lucky to live less than a mile from the grocery store and have almost constant beautiful weather. 
(Not taken by our house but still you get the picture)

After gathering our supplies we headed home and began to cook!  I do enjoy being Dave's sous chef even though I seem to get out of a good bit of the grunt work....maybe that doesn't really make a sous chef at all.  On the menu was salmon cakes, sweet potato fries, and asparagus.  This is one of my favorite things to eat for sure.  Dave has really mastered the art of the sweet potato fry.  It took many attempts to the get it perfect but I was happy to help taste test every time.  
 (I think he got them right, don't you?)

I was in charge of the asparagus which meant there was going to be lots of garlic going on.  I think that is the one thing I have learned from my parents...there can never be too much garlic.
(They were a bit over done but still delicious)

It was a great to get to spend time with Dave doing something he loves especially since he hasnt been around to cook in awhile.  We listened to music and had a blast.  The food was delicious and hopefully we will get to do this more often in the weeks to come.  I cant wait for his Chief select initiation to be over with....Sept 16th here we come!!
(NomNom!!)
 
This meal was gluten free and almost paleo...who says eating well cant look amazing :)

2 comments:

  1. helloooo. tap tap tap. is this thing on?? where did you go? 2 posts. that is all we get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better be glad I like you :)

    ReplyDelete